Sunday 9 October 2011

A little bit of me...

With all my new stuff that I got last weekend, decided I wanted to pick up on the art journalling (which I erm kinda stopped about 6 months ago lol).

I sat and doodled for awhile pondering, writing words, trying to gain inspiration and then I decided that I'd just pick a couple of colours (blue, pink and purple) & as I already had her stamped up use Batty Princess (as a representation of me) and go from there!

Full page with no flash
I started off the back ground using watercolour pencils (something I've never done before)
Then built it up with stencils (about 3 different ones) using a combination of acrylic paint and distress inks

My little home...
I spotted this Paper Artsy stamp set at the craft show last weekend and loved the little house!
It looks like a little crown :D stamped up in distress ink, I then restamped the window and put in my "Welcome to my World" which I inked up with distress inks again.


I am a Batty Little Princess!
I saw this image on Annie Rodrigues website and fell in love with her! She is now one of my profile pictures on Facebook when I'm feeling a little bit batty!
My hair is actually quite close to this colour at the moment, but possible a bit more red!
She is coloured in with Promarkers, then sparkled with my fave sakura pen Stardust!

Page with the flash on to see the sparkles!
Last weekend I also went a bit mad when I saw bottles of Cosmic Shimmer Mist going for £2 each... I bought 7 lol
I've used 3 on here (very sparingly as I realised that I've not got the space to go wild without covering everything within 3 inch space!

So there it is, a little bit of me! The side that is purply pink and sparkly! Living in my crown castle xxx

Entering into following challenges:

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Challenge 99: Theme - Sparkle & Shine

Secret Crafter Saturday, Challenge 155: Theme - Anything Goes as Long as it Sparkles!

2 comments:

Curly said...

OMGosh this is one super sparkly creation, I love the design and layout and fabulous colour theme too, its just perfect for our challenge

Thank You so much for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 155 Anything Goes With Sparkle
I hope you join us again next week,

Have a lovely day,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Helen said...

Wow - this is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x