Sunday, 9 October 2011

A little bit of me...

With all my new stuff that I got last weekend, decided I wanted to pick up on the art journalling (which I erm kinda stopped about 6 months ago lol).

I sat and doodled for awhile pondering, writing words, trying to gain inspiration and then I decided that I'd just pick a couple of colours (blue, pink and purple) & as I already had her stamped up use Batty Princess (as a representation of me) and go from there!

Full page with no flash
I started off the back ground using watercolour pencils (something I've never done before)
Then built it up with stencils (about 3 different ones) using a combination of acrylic paint and distress inks

My little home...
I spotted this Paper Artsy stamp set at the craft show last weekend and loved the little house!
It looks like a little crown :D stamped up in distress ink, I then restamped the window and put in my "Welcome to my World" which I inked up with distress inks again.


I am a Batty Little Princess!
I saw this image on Annie Rodrigues website and fell in love with her! She is now one of my profile pictures on Facebook when I'm feeling a little bit batty!
My hair is actually quite close to this colour at the moment, but possible a bit more red!
She is coloured in with Promarkers, then sparkled with my fave sakura pen Stardust!

Page with the flash on to see the sparkles!
Last weekend I also went a bit mad when I saw bottles of Cosmic Shimmer Mist going for £2 each... I bought 7 lol
I've used 3 on here (very sparingly as I realised that I've not got the space to go wild without covering everything within 3 inch space!

So there it is, a little bit of me! The side that is purply pink and sparkly! Living in my crown castle xxx

Entering into following challenges:

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Challenge 99: Theme - Sparkle & Shine

Secret Crafter Saturday, Challenge 155: Theme - Anything Goes as Long as it Sparkles!

4 comments:

Curlybear said...

OMGosh this is one super sparkly creation, I love the design and layout and fabulous colour theme too, its just perfect for our challenge

Thank You so much for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 155 Anything Goes With Sparkle
I hope you join us again next week,

Have a lovely day,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

downrightcrafty said...

Gorgeous sparkly creation and love the color choice, thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.
hugs Kate xx
PS I have some new candy if you are interested:)

Francesca said...

Hi
what a brilliant Sparkle Card

thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Helen said...

Wow - this is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x